School Shadowing program
Mainstream school can be a challenging place. Our clinical team makes school a friendlier place for children with ASD with research-based techniques and skills.
Preparing children with ASD for school is one of our major missions. For integration to be successful, collaboration with the school and a thorough and individualized systematic transition plan is crucial. Consultants will discuss with school personnel to devise a plan. Therapists will accompany the child to school, help the child adapt to the new environment and apply his/her skills.
- Consultant communicates with School Personnel and devises integration plan
- Consultant provides program planning for shadowing therapist
- Shadowing therapist executes laid-on plan
- Consultant reviews progress with Shadowing Therapist, School Personnel and Parents
- Adjust programs if necessary
- Devise plans to fade out shadows from school and encourage independent learning